RPS Monument’s Cornerstone Comp program is an alternative to traditional Workers’ Compensation insurance for faith-based schools and their associated churches in the state of California. Program participants are typically members of either the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) or Christian Schools International (CSI).
RPS Monument assists these schools and churches in developing industry-specific safety programs, controlling the claims process, reducing costs, and handling the day-to-day management of the program. The members are active in the plan's governance and are committed to preventing losses.
Comprehensive benefits include:
- Lower Costs: The program has lower administrative costs than traditional insurance plans, and is not subject to premium taxes.
- Increased Control: Members have a voice in program decisions through the self-governance process.
- Tailored Accident & Injury Prevention Plans: Cornerstone Comp, Inc.’s loss control and avoidance programs are designed specifically for non-profit social services organizations. RPS Monument’s loss control staff includes several bilingual employees who provide quarterly on-site inspections.
- Surplus Funds Returned to Members: The plan is non-profit.
- Customized Claims Management: The claims management process includes quarterly claim reviews and enhanced communication, along with a dedicated claims team.
- Claims Litigation Strategy: The program’s litigation platform is built for the California market and the particular needs of faith-based schools and associated churches.